How to Write an Interesting Book
- You have to make the book hard to put down. Add details, but not so many that the reader falls asleep.
- Develop a good plot. It's kind of hard to concentrate with a weak plot. You may try a dramatic one, like a friend of yours goes missing for days, and he/she is found in the woods, with a serious case of amnesia. A lot of people love dramatic books.
- Make your characters interesting and realistic. Maybe the mean girl that used to be the geek, and is now evil. Or maybe the villain with a bad past, and who wants revenge.
- Think of a great title and make an eye-catching cover. Use different colors like Green, Red, Blue,Orange, and others. Write the title in stylish writing.
- Get a literary agent.
- Submit it to a publisher.
- You also have to have the patience to write a book.
- Try a plot you can really connect with.
I, personally, agree with all of them except #5 & #6. With so many Indie Authors out there today, it's becoming easier and easier to do it on your own. And even now, there is a fresh new company I'm involved with, Indie Hoopla, that helps you promote your book(s), spread the word about you, etc. - all at affordable prices. No need to take my word for it tho, just check out the site ;)
Currently Reading: Spellbound by Kodilynn Calhoun